When we think about change, whether small incremental improvements or large-scale change portfolios and projects, the role of a project manager is crucial. Organisations frequently adopt different approaches to tackle change, with methodologies including Prince2, Lean, Waterfall and Agile. Consequently, it becomes a challenge to understand which one is the most suitable for your own business, change project or organisation’s culture. Our project management training materials highlight that despite the variety of methodologies, there is a great deal of commonality and cross-over skills shared amongst each approach. This training will guide your learners on the fundamental principles that will support successful project delivery.
The training materials cover the background to project management, detailing the fundamental principles and roles involved. Learners are challenged to consider why projects succeed or fail, in addition to being led through a coach facilitated discussion around the constraints of scope, schedule and costs (the performance management triangle).
The training content explores the critical leadership and management behaviours required of an effective project manager. This process ensures that your learners understand that the greatest project structure in the world, won’t save a project where the behaviours and attitude of the project manager are counterproductive to the project’s success.
Our project management training content includes full navigation of critical project management steps and checklists. In addition, your learners are provided with a range of tools and templates covering project initiation, planning, monitoring and closing.
- Implement a generic and effective project management approach
- Practically apply different project management planning, implementation and recording tools
- Understand the skills and behaviours required to be an effective project manager.
- Understanding the importance of planning and how to maximise it
- Identifying the skills and behaviours of a project manager
- Implementing a project
- Deciding how to report and communicate
- Making a project succeed and celebrating success
- Closing a project
- Self-assessment and action planning.
- Welcome and Scene Setting
- Project Management training overview and objectives
- Introduction to Project Management
- What is project management?
- Project management principles and roles
- Project Management Approach
- Why projects succeed or fail
- The basic elements
- Exploring the project management triangle
- Project Management Behaviours
- Defining the key behaviours for project success
- Project Management Practical Steps & Checklist
- Tools and Templates
- Commitment to Action
- 3.5 – 4 hours
- Script (Master Class)
- Materials Checklist
- Joining Instructions
- Trainer Guidance
- Flip Chart Guide
- Activity Briefs/Supporting Materials
- Learning Evaluation Form
- Project Management Templates