These in-depth problem-solving training materials support participants to understand the critical principles associated with effective problem-solving.
Through an exploration of the problem-solving process, participants will understand how to identify the root cause of problems. As a result, your learners will have the confidence to know when they are dealing with the principle reason, versus when they are dealing with symptoms of a broader issue.
Participants will understand how to break problems down into manageable tasks, aligned to a transparent problem-solving process. This step-by-step approach ensures that your learners will be able to evaluate how fit for purpose their solutions are at each stage of the journey.
In many instances, individuals do not know how to go about solving problems, other than by their instinct and what they have picked up from others’ experience through their careers. This workshop provides the essential tools and techniques to approach problems analytically and pragmatically; ensuring that all contributing factors and solutions are identified with the organisation in mind.
Problem-solving training can be supplemented with our Decision Making Training Toolkit.
- Identify and explain the real problem that requires solving
- Successfully use analytical thinking as part of the problem-solving process
- Critically analyse problems to ensure time and effort is well used in the problem-solving process
- Use a structured and practical approach to solving problems
- Apply a range of problem-solving techniques to explore options
- Evaluate and select an outcome-focused solution that meets the needs of the organisation.
- Understanding the problem-solving process
- Identifying the root cause of problems
- Using analytical thinking to assess problems in a step by step approach
- Breaking down problems into manageable chunks
- Identifying who owns the problem – is it yours to solve?
- Identifying outcome-focused solutions
- Using techniques to evaluate ‘fit for purpose’ solutions
- Applying problem-solving techniques to ‘real’ problems
- Developing a problem-solving action plan.
- 3.5 – 4 hours
- Script (Master Class)
- Materials Checklist
- Joining Instructions
- Trainer Guidance
- Flip Chart Guide
- Activity Briefs/Supporting Materials
- Learning Evaluation Form.