Our emotional intelligence training materials enable delegates to explore the theory of emotional intelligence (EQ) in practical day-to-day terms, increasing their understanding of how it distinguishes superior performance from run of the mill performance, both in individuals and teams.
By increasing their levels of EQ, learners will be able to acknowledge and recognise their emotions; understanding what they are telling them and realising the effect they can have on those around them.
Emotional intelligence also involves our perception of others. Consequently, the training materials will enable learners to recognise and understand how others feel, allowing them to manage their relationships with other people, more effectively.
Our emotional intelligence training content draws on a range of leading academic theorists, including Dan Goleman, Peter Salovey and John Mayer. These key educational pieces are demystified and presented pragmatically and practically, enabling and encouraging delegates to apply their learning back in the workplace.
- Define and explore Emotional Intelligence, what it means and how to achieve it
- Gain insight on individual levels of Emotional Intelligence
- Lead and inspire others through broader understanding and insight into their emotions
- Develop self-monitoring capabilities to effectively manage and increase EI
- Exploring Emotional Intelligence and assessing current levels
- Identifying emotional pressure points and how to effectively manage these
- Identifying how and when to apply Emotional Intelligence
- Developing ways of enhancing leadership impact through Emotional Intelligence
- Script (Master Class)
- Materials Checklist
- Joining Instructions
- Trainer Guidance
- Flip Chart Guide
- Activity Briefs/Supporting Materials
- Learning Evaluation Form