Training Central recognises that negotiation is not something that comes naturally to many; it is, however, increasingly required in response to growing change and competition within organisations. Our negotiation skills training materials equip participants with the essential tools and techniques to negotiate in a way that achieves positive and productive outcomes.
The negotiation skills training explores the organisational context in which the learners will be applying their negotiation skills. Participants are coached to reflect on their confidence levels when it comes to negotiation; challenging them to acknowledge their strengths and areas for improvement. As a result of this self-assessment, the learners can relate to different negotiation styles, identifying those that suit their personal approach.
The training session covers a range of practical techniques and approaches, including an analysis of appropriate verbal communication and supporting body language. The learning process is anchored through coach-facilitated practice, this encourage participants to apply their learning in a safe and supportive environment, using situations that are ‘real’ to them.
Our materials provide proof that negotiation skills training is a great deal more straight forward and applicable if delivered in a structured fashion.
- Clearly explain what negotiating is and their levels of confidence in negotiating
- Identify and assess the situations in which negotiation skills promote successful solutions
- Distinguish the most appropriate style of negotiation to use
- Carry out a negotiation conversation in a proper and effective manner
- Apply supportive verbal communication and body language to negotiation conversations
- Achieve consistently positive outcomes by using effective negotiation.
- Understanding what negotiating means to them and their organisation
- Identifying confidence levels
- Understanding current ways of negotiating and how effective these are
- Defining different negotiation styles
- Exploring negotiation tools and techniques
- Taking time to plan and prepare for negotiating
- Choosing the correct verbal communication and body language to support negotiation
- Learning how to apply negotiation approaches to ‘real’ examples
- Practising negotiation approaches
- 3.5 – 4 hours
- Script (Master Class)
- Materials Checklist
- Joining Instructions
- Trainer Guidance
- Flip Chart Guide
- Activity Briefs/Supporting Materials
- Learning Evaluation Form.