Lots of businesses talk about SMART objective setting. Most of us understand it’s the way things get done, on time and to expected standards. Yet, despite this, not many organisations acknowledge that it can be tough setting appropriate operational objectives. It can be even harder to set behavioural objectives. Training Central’s ‘Getting SMART with Objective Setting’ is here to help plug those challenges.
Our high-impact objective setting training session gives step-by-step guidance on how to establish objectives that align with business goals, while simultaneously stretching your colleagues to perform.
The session will walk delegates through SMART objective setting, showing how the operational side of their roles (the ‘what’) fits together with the behaviours they should be demonstrating in the delivery of their objectives (the ‘how’).
- Using SMART is a great way to set objectives
- Setting operational and behavioural objectives
- Challenging and checking the stretch of objectives
- Connecting what tasks people do, and how they deliver them.
- Welcome and Introductions
- SMART Objectives in Context
- Objective Setting
- Exploring SMART
- Being clear about what needs to happen
- Recognising the ‘what’ and the ‘how’
- Practical objective setting
- Making sure things happen
- Call to Action
- 1hour 20mins
- Script (HIT session)
- Materials Checklist
- Joining Instructions
- HIT Instructions
- Materials Guide
- Supporting Materials
- Learning Evaluation Form
- Delegate Feedback Form