Our Strength Deployment Inventory training materials enable learners to develop their self-awareness and awareness of others.
We all know that being surrounded by a high performing, engaged and motivated team is every leader and manager’s dream. Having the ability to understand how to intuitively adapt your style and behaviour, to get the most out of people is a critical skill for today’s world; but this requires a couple of things: an awareness of yourself and knowledge of others.
This workshop covers the critical principles learners will need to develop and maintain value-adding relationships, developing their awareness of their personal strengths and their understanding of how to navigate conflict.
The materials in this toolkit support the learning process when using the SDI® Self Edition workbook.
You must be SDI qualified to deliver this toolkit. To enquire into becoming qualified, please contact Personal Strengths direct. Additional SDI books are required to deliver this training content. Training Central can supply these; alternatively, you can purchase directly from Personal Strengths.
- Describe individual values and beliefs and identify how these affect style and behaviour
- Identify personal style and what this means to them and their role
- Explore how the personal drivers and motivations of others influence style, ways of communicating and building relationships
- Use their knowledge and insight to develop flexible management approaches
- Understand their current level of self-awareness and how to enhance this
- Identify ways of adapting their individual style to build the team and to develop rewarding relationships across their organisation.
- Understanding individual drivers and preferences
- Critically reviewing individual strengths and limitations as a result of that understanding
- Exploring management habits and their impacts
- Using the Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) to understand personal motivators and those of others
- Learning how to manage individual drivers and preferences in a productive way
- Developing a personal self-awareness kitbag.
- Welcome and Scene Setting
- Strength Deployment Inventory training overview and objectives
- My Outlook on the World
- Personal reflection – perceived strengths and limitations
- Strengths we value in others
- Conscious and unconscious bias
- Introducing SDI™
- Introducing the Strength Deployment Inventory
- Completing SDI™ workbook
- Understanding the triangle and colours
- Team perception activity
- Differences in perception
- Understanding individual and collective profiles
- Personal reflection
- Me, You and Conflict
- Exploring the stages of conflict
- Practical ways to reduce or mitigate conflict
- Developing a personal conflict resolution plan
- Adapting Style and Behaviour
- Adapting feedback and communication to gain better outcomes
- Identifying relationships that need work
- Commitment to Action
- Full day
- Script (Workshop)
- Materials Checklist
- Joining Instructions
- Trainer Guidance
- Flip Chart Guide
- Activity Briefs/Supporting Materials
- Learning Evaluation Form