Our introduction to coaching training materials enables learners to develop the core skills of coaching, focusing on practical coaching models and techniques to help them facilitate positive and productive coaching sessions in supportive environments.
Learners will explore the critical role and responsibilities of coaching, developing their knowledge of the boundaries associated with good coaching practice. The session covers elements of Transactional Analysis, specifically the importance of maintaining adult-to-adult relationships when coaching others.
GROW forms the backbone of the coaching practice, providing learners with an easy model to navigate as they develop their coaching skills. Listening, feedback and questioning skills are covered in detail to help learners bring the GROW model to life in a practical manner.
The training materials provide a practical learning experience for participants, equipping them with all the tools and techniques that an effective coach needs while allowing them to practice these in a safe learning environment.
- Understand how to balance challenge and support
- Recognise when to coach and when not to coach
- Develop questioning and listening skills that enhance coaching conversations
- Understand how to give feedback to support the coaching process
- Understand how to use a coaching model with ‘real’ coaching examples
- Develop practical coaching techniques, appropriate to the working environment
- Exploring the roles and responsibilities of the coach
- Balancing challenge and support and creating the right environment to coach
- Identifying triggers to enable participants to remain in ‘Adult’ ego state
- Understanding and applying the GROW model
- Understanding how to listen and build practical questions
- Identifying and maximising performance conversations through coaching and feedback
- Full Day
- Script (Workshop)
- Materials Checklist
- Joining Instructions
- Trainer Guidance
- Flip Chart Guide
- Activity Briefs/Supporting Materials
- Learning Evaluation Form