Explain to your group that they are going to do a quick icebreaker called This is Me. To play the game, they will use newspaper and magazines to create a collage that helps to describe themselves to the rest of the group. Explain that if they don’t want to do the collage, they can share a picture from their phone.
To help guide their thinking, use the following questions:
- Background on how they came to work for the organisation
- What they really love about their role or the organisation
- What hobbies or fun things they like to do in their own time
You will need a good number of old newspapers, or magazines to play This is Me. You will also need some scissors and Blu-tack so learners can create their icebreaker collage.
Some people may not want to share their pictures on their phones, so please be respectful of this.
Conversely, you may have a group that is super comfortable sharing. In this case, you can ask them to give their phone to the person next to them. That person can then find a picture on the phone, that they feel represents them.
- Full instructions and trainer notes for running the training icebreaker
- Group number recommendations